2 year old funding
We encourage parents to come and speak to us regarding the 15 hours 2 year old funding. It is our priority to be as flexible as we possibly can to families who may become eligible. Please see below some information regarding the 2 year old funding.
1. Free early learning for 2 year olds
Your 2 year old can get 15 hours of free early education and childcare a week if you get one of the following:
- Income Support
- income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance (JSA)
- income-related Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- Universal Credit (with an annual net income of no more than £15,400 if your child was born on or after 1 January 2016)
- tax credits and you have an annual income of under £16,190 before tax
- the guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
- support through part 6 of the Immigration and Asylum Act
- the Working Tax Credit 4-week run on (the payment you get when you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit)
A child can also get free early education and childcare if any of the following apply:
- they’re looked after or in care
- they have a current statement of special education needs (SEN) or an education, health and care (EHC) plan
- they’ve left care under a special guardianship order, child arrangements order or adoption order
- they get a Disability Living Allowance.
If any of the first three situations apply to you and your child, you won't need to apply as we will be able to confirm your eligibility and will send you a letter to confirm this.
Parents or carers of children receiving a Disability Living Allowance will need to visit their local children's centre, health care professional or speak to Contact (formerly known as Contact a Family), or the Early Years SEN Service. Any of these professionals will be able to verify to us that you qualify for a free early learning place. We will then send you a letter confirming your eligibility.
When can my child have a place?
|A child born between||Can have a place from|
|1 January to 31 March||The beginning of term on or after 1 April|
|1 April to 31 August||The beginning of term on or after 1 September|
|1 September to 31 December||The beginning of term on or after 1 January|